Tiny Houses in Oklahoma
Tiny houses are growing in popularity all over Oklahoma. Still the majority of the population resists making the move to a smaller dwelling. So what’s holding you back? Here are some of the top reasons people resist the tiny house movement:
- Lack of Funding: although tiny houses cost a fraction of what a traditional house does, banks are not really willing to loan money for small house construction. Still looked upon as a temporary dwelling with little resale value, most lenders refuse to finance tiny homes, making a cash outlay for costs the only way to buy one.
- Failing to Understanding Building Rules: there is a lot to consider when buying a tiny home. Where you want to place it is just one factor that can squelch your move. Understanding the rules and restrictions in the county you want to place your new home is important when it comes to getting the permits you will need. Be sure to check with the local zoning and codes offices to see what procedures are in place for helping tiny house owners legally set up their new house.
- Social Pressures: we live in a society that judges us on what we own and how much we can accumulate. When you make the move to tiny house, you have to be willing to part with the stuff you don’t need. This can be challenging for some people.
- Space: the average house runs about 2,500 square feet. Tiny homes average about 400-600 square feet. Too often people do not realize how much space that really is. Plus, open floor plans, high vaulted ceilings; and loads of windows will help the place look and feel roomier.
- Misconceptions: one of the biggest misconceptions to overcome when considering a tiny house is that small means rustic. There is nothing basic or rustic about these high-style homes. Built with comfort and style in mind, the builders at Utopian Villas strive to create the kind of high style and amenity filled dwelling that rivals any other standard sized home.
Oklahoma Tiny Home Living – Luxury Designs & Models
Don’t be fooled into thinking that tiny house living means a return to a simplistic lifestyle. One look at the luxurious designs of a Utopia Villas home and you might be surprised to discover that they offer the same quality amenities as any normal sized dwelling. Whatever it is you really want, you can have. Whether it is an office, playroom or large closet for your shoes, these houses can be designed with your personal needs and lifestyle in mind.
Where Can I Put my Tiny House Model in Oklahoma?
The rules and regulations regarding tiny home placement varies from county to county in Oklahoma. However, there are a few places that most people consider placing their small homes including:
- Your own land
- A backyard
- RV parks
- Tiny house communities
- Approved city/neighborhood lots
Some municipalities are more tiny-house friendly than others. For instance, while one area may allow any sized house to stay as long as it is permanently affixed to a foundation, other places may require the house to measure a certain size. In most cases roof loads must meet specific regulations and permanent houses must be hooked up to public utilities. The best way to find out what local requirements you must adhere to is to contact the area zoning office or codes enforcement office to see how the area deals with tiny house building there.
Consider asking local zoning offices about installing tiny homes in cities across Oklahoma such as:
- Oklahoma City
- Broken Arrow
Finding a Tiny Home Builder in Oklahoma
Is it time to buy a tiny house in Oklahoma? Turn to the nation’s leading builder, Utopian Villas. They offer superior quality and exceptional layouts designed for the high end buyer in mind.