Tiny House Living in New Mexico
Enchanting New Mexico is one of the best states in which to build a tiny home. With friendly building and zoning rules, as well as a long history of people living in smaller spaces within the pueblos, it’s no wonder the tiny house craze has taken root in New Mexico and continues to grow.
What Makes Tiny Houses so Popular?
As more and more people trade in their big homes for a simpler life, tiny homes are a solution that check many boxes:
- Environmentally friendly with a small carbon footprint and energy efficient materials
- Affordable, especially when compared to the cost of building a traditional home
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Beautiful, sophisticated designs and floor plans feel luxurious
- Naturally de-cluttered because you simply can’t store extra stuff
- Mobile (if desired) to take your home wherever you go
Tiny Houses: Luxury Meets Comfort
Sometimes grand designs come in small packages. With modern layouts, top-notch materials, tons of natural light, soaring high ceilings, top quality finishes and millwork, full-size appliances, and so much more, tiny home dwellers don’t have to sacrifice comfort or style.
In fact, with just a few hundred square feet to work with, some homeowners find that they can afford a nicer home by going tiny than if they were to go the traditional route.
Answer These Questions When Going Tiny
Before you get started, it’s important to think through how you’d like to use your new tiny home:
- Will you live in it full time?
- Use it as a guest house or mother-in-law suite?
- Rent it out as a vacation home?
- Set it up for a loved one to live independently but close by?
- Do you want to have a home that’s on a fixed foundation or able to move from place to place?
How you envision using the space will help inform you and your builder what amenities will be necessary to include. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Where Can I Park My New Tiny House?
Every city and town has slightly different building codes and zoning regulations, so it’s important to check with your local jurisdiction about the laws in your desired area. If you wish to build a tiny home in New Mexico, consider checking out these areas:
- Las Cruces
- Santa Fe
What are the Limitations of Tiny Houses in New Mexico?
While tiny home living isn’t for everyone, it can be a viable and comfortable way to simplify life and have more time to focus on the hobbies and activities you enjoy.
Remember, not all tiny homes are created equally. You’ll want to find a builder who knows what they’re doing and has the experience to help guide you throughout the process from day 1 through delivery day.
Get Started Building a Tiny Home in New Mexico
Utopian Villas offers premium amenities and thoughtful floor plans that you can customize down to the very last detail. Learn more by contacting Utopian Villas today, and finally get started on bringing your tiny house dream to life.